Sunday, March 29, 2015

Happy Birthday to Us

Here’s the thing, everyone has a story and our stories are the experiences in life which shapes and molds us into the people we are to become. 

Within my small circle of friends, this time of the year ushers in months and months of birthday celebrations.  And my friends, well they LOVE to celebrate their birthdays!  As a child growing up with no such celebrations, it was hard for me to see the value in turning yet another year older, that is until I had a child myself and even then, I found myself making her day special due to the lack of it being made special for me.  But as I grew older and met the people in my life I now have, I see that it’s not about a pagan ritual back in the days of King Herod but rather for them, and now for myself, it is a celebration of where we once were, to where we are now…and to where we are pushing ourselves forward to be in the future.

It is through our stories, or life experiences, we see the value in just “being”.  We are taking a moment to be present, while looking back on our past.  A coming to terms of sorts with our life experiences thus far; whereby creating new, positive, challenging steps towards our future.  Narcissistic…maybe, jaded…I don’t know…selfish…perhaps…but so what!  If for just a one day a year you get to celebrate you…what can be so awfully bad about that?

I have been blessed to have this unique, small circle of people in my life who over the years and through cosmic connections been able to read into me and feed me spiritually, mentally, and many times physically.  In turn, they have given me their most precious possession…their trust.  Their sureness in me granted me access to their secrets in which they relay stories of insecurity, lost loves, broken hearts, major milestones and unimaginable victories in their lives.  They have bestowed a trust to let me into their lives, the way they see it and the stories of their past, when told to me for a moment become so very real to me as if I am experiencing it for myself.  They have allowed me to share my stories with them, and often times seen my good, bad and ugly… they too feel what I felt.  That is connection people and isn’t that a most treasured possession?

So, from this March to next March and for all the birthday’s in between…LET’S CELEBRATE!  Until next time my lovelies…

Peace and blessings,
Phaedra


 

No comments:

Post a Comment