Sunday, November 24, 2013

JOYFUL SUNDAY


Sunday is my favorite day of the week.  In a city like Atlanta, movement is constant.  There is always something to do or to see, people to meet and events to attend.  With the seemingly never ending work week, I look forward to my Sunday. 

On Sunday, I have no agenda, no tasks to complete and I don’t make any plans.  This is the only day of the week that I feel that I am actually living in the moment, because I am doing exactly what I want to do.  I spend this day focusing only on me.  I read, write; take walks, whatever comes to my mind that is what I will do.  The inner voice that speaks to me during the course of the week is clearer, concise and audible.   My muse, well she is always present, but on Sundays she is stronger, and it is mainly where I get my ideas for topics for this blog and other business ventures that I desire to start.  But more than that, on Sundays, I feel at peace, a peace which passes all understanding.  A peace in which I don’t think about what did not happen last week, nor will I think about what could possibly happen on Monday.  I am in the moment, and it feels wonderful!

Now you may be wondering to yourself: there are seven days in the week and you only have one day to feel like this…you’re missing out on something.  Well, no, that’s not what I am saying.  I am always joyful and thankful whatever day it is and profess my thankfulness daily.  But if you have a day or a time of the day in which everything comes together, and you take the time to be present in it, to listen and to be still, then you will know exactly what I am talking about.  If you don’t, then I suggest that you get one.

Life in the city tends to be hard on everything from the car that you drive daily, to your body, to your mind and we need to take time out and "just be".  To replenish our souls with what we have to face the next day or even the next moment, so that you too can find your own “Joyful Sunday”.

Peace and blessings,
Phaedra


 

No comments:

Post a Comment